FEATURED CATS & DOGS
See our weekly features on EGTV!
HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY ALMOST HOME FOUNDATION
WE’VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!
Almost Home Foundation started with just five people and now is made up of a very large community of volunteers – rescuers, fosters, adopters, advocates, supporters, etc.... Thanks to all involved, more than 10,000 dogs and cats have found their forever homes since 2005! We currently have approximately 200 available animals for adoption. AHF started with no homes and has grown to approximately 190 temporary homes for dogs and cats. Not every home is active all the time, so if we don’t have a home available, we can’t take in as many cats or dogs as we would like. We are always open to new volunteers willing to help house and care for the homeless cats and dogs. However, we are VERY GRATEFUL for the temporary homes we do have for our animals and could not do any of this without them.
AHF has reached many milestones over the years. Here are just a few:
- Rescued dogs Hurricane Katrina.
- Saved dogs from the Indian Reservation in North Dakota.
- AHF purchased a kennel for our rescue.
- A van was purchased for transports, fundraisers; transport cats to no cost cat clinics for spay/neuter surgeries to help reduce the overpopulation, etc...
- Three adoption sites with new adoption sites being developed.
- Community outreach – working with school children to help inspire and nurture the future of animal rescue. Bringing Freddy the black cat into schools to promote responsible pet-ownership and to dispel myths about black cats.
- Legislation and Education - fight against Breed Specific Legislation and help educate the community about the plight of homeless cats and dogs.
- Helping with the stray population, hoarding situations, and helping to shut down irresponsible pet shops.
There is no way to sum up 10 years in so few words. If you remember nothing other than these two things: THANK YOU ALL for your support in whatever way you have and continue to do so; and take a look at some of the animals you have helped be a part of saving.
AHF will remain an ALL breed rescue, helping rescue adoptable cats and dogs. Special needs cats and dogs, black dogs and cats, FIV positive cats, and the top two breeds of dogs that are euthanized at the highest rate in shelters (bully breeds and Chihuahuas) will all continue to be rescued by AHF.
WE NEED EVERYONE'S HELP!
Almost Home Foundation P.O.Box 308 Elk Grove Village, IL 60009-0308