SAY HELLO TO
About Misty +
Misty is an extremely quiet, mild-mannered, and well-behaved pet. She prefers a tranquil atmosphere, and enjoys going for walks and car rides. She is quite shy, but warms up with some time and is possibly one of the sweetest and gentlest dogs out there.
It appears Misty has had some prior training she's hiding from us. She listens well once she's had a chance to adjust to the environment. She will be a highly trainable dog and it is strongly recommended that her adoptive family continues with her training either privately or in group sessions.
A good home for her would be with another well behaved and confident dog or dog friends she can visit regularly, a patient loving human to interact with, and some place with a yard or dog park that is fenced in. She seems to be very interested in playing with other dogs but has been rather uncertain about letting herself go and enjoying it completely. She can get overwhelmed easily if there's too much going on.
Misty is currently working with a trainer to explore the world and socialize in a more comfortable setting. This includes a weekly play session with other social dogs.
If you would like to meet Misty, please email us to arrange a time.
Almost Home Foundation's adoption requirements:
(1) Be at least 21 years of age;
(2) Have the consent of all adults living in the household;
(3) Have approval from the residence owner;
(4) Have valid ID with current address;
(5) Be approved by Almost Home Foundation as a suitable adoptive home;
(6) Live in the Greater Chicago Land area.
(7) A copy of your lease (pet page) is required, and submitted with your application.
***Please note that Almost Home Foundation accepts only cash or checks for adoption fees; We do not accept debit or credit cards.***