SAY HELLO TO
Thank you for clicking on Nigel's picture! We're excited that you would like to learn more about him.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nigel:
Q: Is he housebroken?
Q: Is he crate-trained?
A: He is not crate-trained.
Q: Is he good with kids?
A: He is good with older children but not younger ones. As a senior dog he would enjoy a quieter household.
Q: Is he good with dogs?
Q: Is he good with cats?
A: We are not sure how he would be with cats.
Q: Does he know any commands and how to walk on a leash?
A: He walks well on a leash but does not know any commands.
Q: Does he chew furniture, etc.?
A: No, he is not destructive.
Q: Can he be left alone?
Q: Does he need another dog?
A: No, this is not a requirement for him.
Q: Does he need a fenced-in yard?
Message from Nigel:
"That's the basic information about me. And since you clicked on my picture and read my bio, here is what I know about you: you are willing to look beyond a dog's age and get to know them for who they are. Age is just a number. And in case my bio wasn't enough to convince you to adopt me, here are a few more reasons why older dogs are the best:
1. We have a tremendous amount of love to give. When you rescue a senior dog, you have a best friend for life. We reward your care with an unwavering devotion. Nothing matches the gratitude of a senior dog for his rescuer.
2. We can learn new tricks and be valuable family and community members.
3. We often fit into your household with ease. We find the softest, warmest spot in the house and claim it for our own, but we will share with you, too.
4. We make excellent companions.
5. We are often overlooked in shelters and pounds. Passed over for cute and cuddly puppies, we often do not have a chance and must go to make space for more puppies. Adopting a senior dog saves a life!"
Do you want to learn more about Nigel? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer would be happy to help!
Almost Home Foundation's adoption requirements:
(1) Be at least 21 years of age;
(2) Have the consent of all adults living in the household;
(3) Have approval from the residence owner;
(4) Have valid ID with current address;
(5) Be approved by Almost Home Foundation as a suitable adoptive home; and
(6) Live in the Greater Chicago Land area.
7) A copy of your lease (pet page) is required, and submitted with your application
*** Please note that Almost Home Foundation accepts only cash or checks for adoption fees; we do not accept debit or credit cards. ***