SAY HELLO TO
There are dogs... and then there are Dachshunds. Doxies. Wiener dogs. Sausages. You name it-they're long and they're hilarious 99% of the time. Dachshund facts.
Those little legs are surprisingly fast.
For a stubby legged sausage dog...
He can JUMP.
He picks up his back legs and walks sideways.
And it's hilarious.
He is loves to burrow.
Blankets, pillows, towels if they are on the floor they are all fair game for him to tunnel under.
Spaulding (nickname Spot) is intelligent, independent, and stubborn, be prepared to work with him, or he will ignore you. He is a beautifully marked mostly white with caramel colored "spots" Unusual coloring for a doxie.
Though Spaulding is only 7, dachshunds are known for their longevity, 15 - 20 years old is not uncommon. With him, you do not have to worry about going through the puppy years. Spaulding is already potty trained, and gets along with my other small dogs. He has not been exposed to cats, and is not a fan of giant sized dogs. Because he is so small about 10 pounds, small children under 5 are not recommended. He likes to hang out on the couch, but also likes to go for energetic walks. He likes to hang out in his crate.
To know him is to love him, because of his love, snugs, and loyalty are unmatchable.
Almost Home Foundation's adoption requirements:
(1) Be at least 21 years of age;
(2) Have the consent of all adults living in the household;
(3) Have approval from the residence owner;
(4) Have valid ID with current address;
(5) Be approved by Almost Home Foundation as a suitable adoptive home; and
(6) Live in the Greater Chicago Land area.
7) A copy of your lease (pet page) is required, and submitted with your application
*** Please note that Almost Home Foundation accepts only cash or checks for adoption fees; we do not accept debit or credit cards. ***