*** Almost Home Foundation has an immediate need for a Fund Raising Director. If you can help, apply below. *****
AHF has several types of volunteer positions. We have permanent positions, one-time event opportunities, special skills opportunities(such as grants), virtual opportunities (web, social media, graphics) and those for providing temporary homes for our animals. We appreciate the time and commitment that each of these positions will require!
- Dog Handling (Saturdays only)
- Dog Walking
- Foster Home for Dogs
- Medical Transportation for dogs (Weekdays only)
- Heartworm Medicine for Dogs – Follow up & Delivery (Weekly)
- Dog sitter while foster is on vacation
- Cat Handling at Shows (Saturdays only)
- Cage Setup/Takedown for Shows (Saturdays only)
- Foster Home for Cats
- Medical Transportation for Cats (Weekdays only)
- Cat sitter while foster is on vacation
- Adoption Show Phone Calls (3-5 hrs/week)
- Data Entry
- Mailing Distribution (Weekly Adoption Shows and Local Businesses)
- Publicity Poster and Flyer Design
- Newsletter (Distribution and Mailing)
- Volunteer Welcome Coordinator (5-8 hrs/week)
- Volunteer Training/Orientation (5-8 hrs/month)
- Volunteer Contact List (4-6 hrs/week – Must know Excel or Access and have access to email)
- Writer/Contributor for Newsletter or Blog
Fundraising / Events
- Event Planning and Coordinating
- Contact Businesses for Sponsorship for events
- Contact Businesses for Donation Items for Silent Auction events.
- Participating in Fundraising Events
- Graphics Designers
- Help with kennel repairs, building projects, landscaping, etc.
Please fill out a volunteer application form if you are interested in helping us out in any of these areas!